Re: RFC: Marketing collateral plan

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 06:05:00PM +0100, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> 1. Level 1 - Non Fedora users:
> This set of users do not use Fedora yet. They are not aware of the
> products that Fedora offers - editions + spins + labs. They may also
> not be aware of the free software philosophy, the foundations and so
> on.
>
> 2. Level 2 - Fedora end users:
> Fedora users that are not developers and admins. They care about what
> Fedora offers, but are not very interested in the lower level details
> on what changes a release brings and so on. They are concerned about
> higher level changes, such as changes to desktops, new tools, better
> upgrades, quicker boots and so on.

I like this approach. There's another axis I'd like to cover, though —
within these levels, connect to the primary target audiences for the
three editions, as defined in the PRDs:

   * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation/Workstation_PRD#Target_Audience

   * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Server/Product_Requirements_Document#User_Profiles.2C_Primary_Use_Cases_and_Goals

   * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud/Cloud_PRD#Target_Market_.2F_Audience

I'm on vacation, so I'm just throwing this out there. :) I can help
fill out what this might mean when I get back.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>