Re: workstation marketing - hardware

On 2014-10-22 19:35, Máirín Duffy wrote:

We are thinking about having a nice high-quality photo of a laptop to show the workstation desktop screenshot on for the website.

Do we have any preferences as to what model laptop we might want to feature? If we did this, would we have to blur out / debrand the system?

Does anyone have thoughts on this kind of thing?

Nice idea to show the screenshot of Fedora running on a laptop on the website!

Out of the Lenovo's, only the Yoga Pro 2 [1] looks visually appealing enough to make Fedora shine, with the downside that another distro "owns" orange (this is from a purely visual point of view, as the Lenovos are nice to work with, but that's another thing). Another issue with that is that it comes with a big windows logo on the front.

On the other hand, the blue Zenbook has the upside that it's blue, and that's a color that is strongly connected with Fedora [2]. I'm not sure if others have been referring to the more common silver model in the thread, but if you can get hold of the blue one, that's a big win, especially if the lightning makes the silver one ending up looking all white.

The Samsung Series 9 might also be a good pick [3]

1. http://lenovothailand.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/lenovo-laptop-convertible-yoga-2-pro-orange-front-mouse-18.jpg

3. http://www.madboxpc.com/samsung-anuncia-su-ultrabook-n900x4c-serie-9-con-ivy-bridge/

- Andreas