Fedora 21 Deliverables

Hi all,

I know we have touched on this briefly in other threads and IRC meetings, but should we work on
making a solid plan for the marketing strategy for Fedora 21?

I am not a "marketing person" per-say and havent been involved in helping to market previous releases, so i am a little unsure how this plan should look. But in my head, it should contain the deliverables we want to produce (or get produced by other teams), and how we distribute those,
and promote them also.

There are a few tickets open in the marketing queue that cover deliverables, but is this all we are going to create? I was also thinking a "press kit" might be a good idea that we can deliver to tech
blogs and news outlets too.

Also, for the formal press release, are we planning on making it formal? Or something more like has been done in the past that is more light and joke filled [2]? Also is the release announcement and a press release the same thing? or do we want to create separate deliverables for these?

[1] - https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/query?status=new&status=reopened&status=assigned&milestone=Fedora+21&group=status
[2] - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F17_release_announcement