Marketing activities

Hi all,

as you know I'm a new member of this group (I joined few days ago).

I see lots of wikipages about the activity and I'm a bit confused (I see
it's under revision), so I'm trying to summarize here the main activities
and goals.

Briefly:

1) spreading news;
2) contacts with LUG;
3) long term strategies;
4) dispel common myths;
5) keep fedora magazine;
6) maintaing updated marketing wikipages.

Think these are the major areas of interest where team is acting
(please do tell me if I'm mistaken).

1) spreading news: of course this team has various contacts with
press, magazines, public offices for sponsorship etc. in the whole
world.
There is a part of activity performed by itself and another with the
Ambassadors involvement. In this second case, Ambassadors should
have the opportunity to file into the mktg trac a request for sending to
any known contact in order to publicize his event in the area where will
be held.

2) contacts with LUGs: my own opinion here is different; here in Italy i
tried to keep contacts with the main lugs located in the North, but is a
lost cause. Often italian lugs are tied to their activities having a
specific interest in things not related to an operating system (there
are groups interested in hardware, in programming and so on), even
though they are using Linux. Besides every little town has his own lug,
so it's really difficult keep contacts with them. At last I think this
activity could be performed by country Ambassadors.

3) long term strategies: that's a good point. In this area we should
work with Ambassadors. Every year each region should produce a
budget plan (money, events, goals) that also should be managed by
mktg in order to find the best solution for promulgate the main of
them. For instance, here in Italy, in September will be held the
worldwide LibreOfiice Conference and I would been happy if Fedora
could be into it. Knowing the long terms budget of these events,
marketing could move to support them.

4) dispel commons myths: outdated IMHO.

5) keep fedora magazine: discussing with Mitzie, croberts and jzb, it's
not clear who have to do what. For example we could assign task for
each area of interest, avoiding the overcrowding in a specific sector of
the magazine. We can launch a call for research of news editors,
events editors, technical topics editors, blog collecting editors (I would
love to have a "Fedora inside" section) etc.
My article proposal is related to what EMEA Ambassador are doing
with the Tibetan contributors (interviews with both and personal
considerations).

6) maintainig updated marketing wikipages: I saw you're revisioning
the marketing pages, and in this direction I think that an index page
(which collect all the pages) should be required.

Sorry for boring (and for my English), but I want have clear ideas.

Waiting for your replies and don't treat me badly :-).

Greeting

Gabri