Self-Introduction: Nathaniel Slater

Hi, my name is Nathaniel (Nate) Slater and I live in Sydney, Australia (AEDST). My Fedora Account System (FAS) username is spartandbx, and my IRC nick is spartan_dbx.

I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through the Fedora Projects website, and am interested in joining because not being so technically minded like other members, I wanted to contribute something back to the Fedora community, in an area that I actually do have experience in..

This is the first FOSS project I have worked on! (So be nice!)

I have worked on various marketing projects before, ranging from social media consultancy to market research and advertising campaigns

My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:

  • (Marketing Skills) - Social Media, Research Program development (not software), and Corporate Identity Development

When I'm not working on Fedora, I am a Senior Corporate Governance Consultant.

A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are to a) See Fedora become more publicly visible to those looking for an alternative to major Operating Systems, and b) See Fedora (or a suitable 'Fork') become widely used through out the Education sector (my wife, being a teacher may have something to do with that.)

I'm wondering how the Fedora Community has utilised Social Media to spread the word of FOSS and Fedora itself.

-- Nate