Re: Fwd: Re: Lending sphericalcow.org domain

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Ryan Rix <ry@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun 6 January 2013 10:38:11 Clint Savage wrote:
>> > What on earth would we use it for?
>> >
>> > It's not like spherical cow has an interesting backstory and history to
>> > the
>> > name like beefy miracle did (hence beefymiracle.org)
>> >
>> > --
>> > Ryan Rix
>> > http://rix.si
>>
>> Haha, right!
>>
>> I do think spherical cow is as interesting if not more than Beefy Miracle...
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_cow
>>
>> But I suppose you didn't create it, so maybe it's less interesting to you.
>> :)
>
> I'm well aware of the story of spherical cow; however, it's not a story
> related to Fedora, we just picked the name. We don't have verne.com and
> constantine.com, etc, etc, because their stories don't have much to do with
> Fedora as a whole.
>
> --
> Ryan Rix
> http://rix.si
>
> --

Sure, I get your point. I was just making snarky comments in that I
don't see the difference really. I suppose beefy miracle since it
started within Fedora is important, I was just saying that there's
nothing wrong in my mind about making a similarly themed site about a
cow that came from a beefy miracle. :)

Cheers,

herlo