Re: How to treat trolls

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:01:25 -0500
Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 15:30 +0100, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> > I'm considering to ban him, but I don't want to do anything that
> > would harm our reputation of open and censorship-free community.

...snip...

Posting over and over "windows 8 power" is not a dialog or providing
any actual involvement, it's just spam. I'd say the same thing if some
Fedora user was posting "Fedora power" on all microsoft posts.

> You should just silently ban him.

+1.

They are not providing anything meaningfull to the discussion. If it
was even "I prefer windows 8 over fedora because..." that would be
great, but it's not. It's just mindless spam, IMHO.

kevin