Re: [Fedora Magazine] Wordpress success!

Hi folks,

So a quick update: the Wordpress install is secured and ready-to-go! I
updated the OpenShift repo backing it with WordPress 3.5. Some technical
details for future reference below [1].

The hostname http://wp-fedoramag.rhcloud.com is definitely not meant to
be the final / real URL we use and publicize. Like Kevin already
mentioned, we can hook it up to whatever URL we'd like. We could do
magazine.fedoraproject.org or fedoramagazine.com as Ruth suggested.

I personally like going for a top-level domain like fedoramagazine.com
better than using a subdomain, although it might be good to have a
subdomain redirect to the top-level domain.

I'm going to start talking to the design team about coming up with
mockups for the look and feel and coming up with a custom WordPress
theme for this, but you folks are all set to start filling in content!

~m

[1] I was running into an issue where I was trying to update the keys
and salt for the WordPress install to secure it using the OpenShift
repo. When I git pushed the changes, it reverted all the app updates I
had made such as installing OpenID and upgrading to WP 3.5. Talking to
the OpenShift guys, I found out this was because the changes the app
made to the WordPress install aren't automatically committed to the git
repo. So what you have to do to make changes to WordPress on the
filesystem is run the rhc-snapshot command to grab all of the app data,
and copy the 'php-5.3/repo/php' directory over top the 'php' directory
in the git repo and then do a git add *, git commit, and git push. So
the general workflow for updating should be:

- Make any updates / plugin or theme installations as needed directly in
the Wordpress admin UI.

- Use the 'rhc-snapshot' command to pull down the changes, and commit
them to the OpenShift git repo to make sure they are tracked.