Re: [In the news] Fedora and GNOME branding drama: Missing the big picture

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 3:38 PM, inode0 <inode0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fedora is likely the only distribution that will go along with it.
> I'll be surprised if anyone else does.

Fortunately for everyone here, I've stayed away from this discussion,
as it's the kind in which I can't help but wield words like a Ginsu
knife gone amok -- a glaring character flaw with which I am at peace.
But on the whole, I agree with John Rose's posts on this thread, and I
thank him for being a voice of reason on this.

So, allow me an observation: The workaround for the branding with
GNOME 3 wallpaper on the OpenSUSE version has the "curtain" and the
lizard on the right side on the desktop. How that coincides with the
"Lovelock" birds on the F15 desktop is anyone's guess, but suffice to
say that the birds don't really say Fedora.

To our credit, I guess taking one for the team in Fedora 15 to allow
GNOME 3 some publicity, as I sense Jared is saying above, is an
adequate answer -- not one I'm happy with, but a suitable explanation
to why this is happening. I would hope that going forward in F16 and
in the future, we retrieve some sort of branding presence on the
desktop version of Fedora.

Larry Cafiero