MMM. Marketing Meeting Minutes - delicious! 2010/09/28

Thanks to everyone for coming! Beta is out today - please be sure to
retweet / redent and spread the word.

We're progressing on schedule nicely, but we need YOUR HELP! If you're
interested in helping out with creating the content for the One Page
Release Notes (F13's can be seen here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_one_page_release_notes), please
drop a note to the mailing list, or join us on #fedora-mktg on IRC on
irc.freenode.net.

See you next week!

-Robyn

Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2010-09-28/fedora_marketing.2010-09-28-20.00.html
Full Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2010-09-28/fedora_marketing.2010-09-28-20.00.log.html

===================================
#fedora-meeting-1: Fedora Marketing
===================================

Meeting started by rbergeron at 20:00:23 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2010-09-28/fedora_marketing.2010-09-28-20.00.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll Call! :)  (rbergeron, 20:00:47)
  * I sent out a meeting time checker, and the special code to review is
    on a sticky note in my non-booting laptop. :|  (rbergeron, 20:03:19)
  * hoping to rectify that soon. If you haven't checked out a meeting
    time that's good for you yet, please do so!  (rbergeron, 20:03:54)
  * LINK: http://whenisgood.net/ik5ppp   (rbergeron, 20:04:24)

* Beta announcement  (rbergeron, 20:04:50)
  * ACTION: rbergeron to at note link tracking in various Announcement
    SOPs.  (rbergeron, 20:08:41)

* One-page release notes  (rbergeron, 20:09:14)

* Firefox bookmarks  (rbergeron, 20:12:05)

* F14 News  (rbergeron, 20:13:52)
  * Having news is good news! :)  (rbergeron, 20:14:06)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/PressArchive/F13
    (rbergeron, 20:15:13)
  * ACTION: rbergeron to post on list about an awesome easy task to do -
    create and start filling the F14 news page!  (rbergeron, 20:20:54)

* Feature Profiles  (rbergeron, 20:21:17)
  * stickster just created
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_14_press_archive  (stickster,
    20:21:44)
  * IDEA: Ask Kara Schiltz if we can get a couple Thursdays where the RH
    press blog could contain a short entry pointing to one of our
    feature profiles  (stickster, 20:30:14)
  * stickster provides some links from the F13 era press blog entries
    (stickster, 20:33:06)
  * LINK:
    http://press.redhat.com/2010/05/10/making-3d-free-for-innovation-fedora-13-graphics-drivers/
    (video drivers)  (stickster, 20:33:31)
  * LINK:
    http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/27/fedora-13-spotlight-feature-exploring-new-frontiers-of-python-development/
    (Python debugging improvements)  (stickster, 20:33:46)
  * LINK:
    http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/20/fedora-13-spotlight-feature-networkmanager-gets-even-more-connected/
    (NetworkManager bling)  (stickster, 20:33:59)
  * These stories provide a good introduction to how a press blog entry
    is structured, the tone, etc.  (stickster, 20:34:36)
  * ACTION: rbergeron add some info about press blogs to Feature
    Profiles SOP.  (rbergeron, 20:37:41)
  * ACTION: stickster to talk to kara about prospective dates of press
    blogs to go with Feature profiles.  (rbergeron, 20:39:38)

* AOB! (Any other business)  (rbergeron, 20:42:46)
  * LINK: http://twitter.com/fedora/status/25818322868 <-- tweet re: one
    page release notes  (stickster, 20:44:22)
  * IDEA: Let's stay alert on the list for new folks in case they come
    looking to help. Send replies quickly and get them on the critical
    path tasks such as one-page release notes. That includes explaining
    the task and meeting them on IRC for hand holding  (stickster,
    20:47:38)
  * ACTION: jsmith to send mail to mktg-list about
    start.fedoraproject.org brainstorming  (rbergeron, 20:51:35)
  * ACTION: rbergeron to mail spevack to see if he's heard anything
    about our videos we made at the marketing fad in march.  (rbergeron,
    21:04:07)

Meeting ended at 21:08:23 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* rbergeron to at note link tracking in various Announcement SOPs.
* rbergeron to post on list about an awesome easy task to do - create
  and start filling the F14 news page!
* rbergeron add some info about press blogs to Feature Profiles SOP.
* stickster to talk to kara about prospective dates of press blogs to go
  with Feature profiles.
* jsmith to send mail to mktg-list about start.fedoraproject.org
  brainstorming
* rbergeron to mail spevack to see if he's heard anything about our
  videos we made at the marketing fad in march.

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* jsmith
  * jsmith to send mail to mktg-list about start.fedoraproject.org
    brainstorming
* rbergeron
  * rbergeron to at note link tracking in various Announcement SOPs.
  * rbergeron to post on list about an awesome easy task to do - create
    and start filling the F14 news page!
  * rbergeron add some info about press blogs to Feature Profiles SOP.
  * rbergeron to mail spevack to see if he's heard anything about our
    videos we made at the marketing fad in march.
* stickster
  * stickster to talk to kara about prospective dates of press blogs to
    go with Feature profiles.
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)