SWOT - Spins

Hi all,

I've been dodging this subject for some time because I don't really know how to approach it. So far no mentioned this before, so now that I have a clear idea on how things are to be done, I would like to ask the list for guidance on this and if someone from a spin is interested in participating it would be more than welcome from my side.

http://spins.fedoraproject.org/ - This needs to be translated and presented on the current SWOT structure, I am not sure on how to do this, if approach it on a generic side or just process for the most relevant, which eventually ends up in being maybe a bit unfair. So I would suggest to use this threat do deploy information and gather opinions from those which are willing to participate.

I would believe that the start would be between choosing:

1) Approach generically and superficially towards the importance of current spins to the Project in general.
2) Approach in a more objective and localized scope and treat SPINS individualy.

From what I understand we could use the 1st option and represent SPINS mainly in Internal / Strengths and in External Opportunities. There things we can focus as segmentation of audiences or strategical niches (I would believe that the KDE/LXDE would be a fine example of segmentation and Sugar on strategical niches). If the list decides to make this the way to go, how is it the best way to represent them and highlight it on the SWOT?

The second approach, would be by localizing specific attributes form the SPINS (information provided and collected through here for example) and place a more strategical generical SPIN in the SWOT.

I honestly don't know what is the best way, neither the position of Fedora Project and SPIN Projects on this. Any information that can help us to represent SPINS in the best way would be welcomed.

Feel free to ask questions and give your contribution to do this in the best way possible.

nelson

--
nelson marques
nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx