Re: SEO / Homepage Keyword Optimization

http://www.google.com/webmasters/

That is one way.

2010/6/15 Paul W. Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 03:39:37PM -0500, Garland Binns wrote:
>    Hi All,
>    Now that F13 has been released, I'd like to rehash the subject of SEO on
>    the homepage.
>    As previously stated, the homepage is currently efficiently optimized for
>    the term Fedora and Fedora Project, but no keywords beyond this. The
>    keyword "Linux" is used on average�55.6 Million in keyword searches
>    globally on Google each month.�We could increase our exposure by also
>    optimizing the homepage for this term. One of the core changes I would
>    recommend in order to take advantage of this is to add the word "Linux" to
>    the Title tag of the homepage. Currently, it is "Fedora Project" - does
>    any object to changing the title tag to "Fedora Project | Linux" in an
>    effort to increase our page ranking and exposure to the larger Linux
>    demographic?
>    Here is more information on Keyword Optimization and why it is important:
>    [1]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Keyword_optimization

Simply adding the keyword Linux like this sounds acceptable to me.
Garland, are you planning to track the changes in our SEO *results* so
we can see what effect the change has, and whether it's helping?  How
does one accomplish that?

--
Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/
 gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717

nelson marques
nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx