Re: Twitter update

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Robyn Bergeron
<robyn.bergeron@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 7:37 AM, Jonathan Nalley <jnalley@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Yay!  Very exciting, thanks Paul!
>>
>> Regarding an alias, I thought of these:
>> twitter@xxxx
>> socialmedia@xxxx  - multi-purpose/reusable
>
> Would the twitter@xxxx get only twitter mail notifications? Or were
> you thinking of that to aggregate all the identi.ca stuff as well?

My thinking is that the email alias would only be used for
notifications of new followers as well as direct messages or any other
administrative notification from Twitter.  The DMs can also be seen in
HootSuite.  All that being said, if we're having the same or even
somewhat-close-to-same set of people oversee/maintain/manage the
various social media outlets, then I see more value in having a common
socialmedia@xxxx type address.  If that's not the case, then perhaps
separate aliases for each social media outlet is better.  It's a
thought provoking question.

>> Someone will need to initially add it to their own individual
>> hootsuite account using the credentials for that twitter account. Once
>> that's done, said individual can create a "team" and grant others
>> similar status and permissions.
>>
>> As far as transitioning users, my initial thoughts (for whatever
>> little that may be worth) would be to issue multiple tweets from
>> @fedora_linux properly-timed and spaced apart admonishing followers to
>> follow @fedora as that will be where all further tweets would emanate
>> from.
>>
>> An additional idea that I had would be to procure an existing or
>> newly-created image to serve as the twitter background when folks
>> visit the twitter page(s) in their browser.  Thoughts?
>
> I'll file that ticket of awesome with design.  I'm thinking it would
> be super cool to incorporate the 4 foundations pieces somehow - in
> conjunction with logo design, of course. Or even using some of the
> freedom bird art
> (http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Fedora%20Collateral/Posters/Freedom-Bird/Freedom-Bird.png)
> - although it is somewhat similar to the twitter bird.
>
> My question, of course, is: What is the first "official" tweet going
> to say? Are we going to just continue on as usual - or do we want to
> take the moment to say something fun / cool / meaningful?

My personal vote would be for fun / cool / meaningful because, I mean,
who wants to be the opposite of those things ?  As Paul said moments
ago in #fedora-mktg, the first @fedora tweet would need to wait till
after the RH summit