Re: Idea for tracking Fedora Marketing team success

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 02:20:09PM +0200, Gerard Braad wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Luke Slater <tinmachin3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Something like KDE Buzz would be good, then having it record activity
> > levels to see if goals are being met :-)
>
> KDE Buzz only provides one element of your suggested idea, the
> aggregation of he information. but no processing is performed... maybe
> suggest an idea on a wiki with some more details as would the tool
> could do/become.
>
> > It would be good if the source code for KDE Buzz was open but perhaps
> > that wouldn't fit in if it weren't developed in Moksha?
>
> Moksha is not a pre-requisite. As Rahul pointed out, different
> languages and frameworks are in use on the Fedora Infrastructure. It
> might even be possible the code itself does not fit well in the idea
> proposed.

We are actively looking for more ways to use Moksha, and expand the
Fedora Community Portal.  If possible, I'd recommend going that route,
especially since we have a number of people in Infrastructure who can
offer advice and assistance if needed.  Moksha offers very robust
features for realtime updates, which could be helpful in this
situation.

> Is there a place on the Wiki to propose the idea?

You can simply create a new page and put [[Category:Proposals]] at the
bottom of the text.  Then you can refer to it when talking to
Infrastructure, Marketing, and other Fedora teams that would be
involved with the work.