Re: [in the news] Fedora 13 Release Slips By a Week

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 09:43:01AM -0400, Kara Schiltz wrote:
> InternetNews.com
> 5.12.10
>
> Fedora 13 Linux Release Slips By a Week
> By Sean Michael Kerner
>
> [clip]
>
> I spoke with Fedora Project Leader Paul Frields the other week and he
> mentioned to me that Fedora 13's release date would slip if the blocker
> bugs had not been fixed in time. For Fedora releasing on time is less
> important than releasing a Linux distribution that works.
>
> [clip]
>
> The transparency in Fedora release process is one that I personally
> admire a great deal. It provides insight into how the distribution
> release process is determined, not by arbitrary decisions but rather by
> adherence to pre-determined criteria.
>
> Full post:
> http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/05/fedora-13-linux-release-slips.html

That's about the most positive article I can imagine for a slip in the
release.  The credit belongs to all the people in the Fedora community
who ensure that we are as transparent and detailed as possible about
our criteria and other release processes.

For those of you who are having trouble waiting the extra week, you
can always install our release candidate now and help test... :-)