Re: Python in Fedora 13 feature profile: progress report

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Mel Chua <mel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just finished a great interview with Dave Malcolm (thank you, Dave, for
> graciously giving so much of your time for this!) on Python features in F13.
>
> For those of you looking to see what a feature profile in progress looks
> like, the transcript and a couple of my "so what do I do next?" notes
> are up at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Python_in_Fedora_13#Progress_so_far. Ask
> questions if there's something you don't understand - I want to make
> sure that we're making something comprehensible to all Python
> programmers or potential Python hackers. ;)

Great organizational structure, Mel. The one input I might provide is
maybe to put the people first, followed by the feature on which they
work. That way the page personalizes what's coming rather than putting
the tech up front. It's probably a judgment call as to whether that
helps or not.

Not too long ago, the Red Hat Creative team shot a video interview
with Dave Malcolm and my hope is that we'll be able to tie the
publication of that video to this feature profile with a Red Hat press
blog entry. I'll be talking to Kara Schiltz when she returns next week
to nail down our publication schedule for that blog and the video, and
of course sending the schedule to this list.

My expectation is we would try to publish a couple weeks before the
F13 release, assuming the video is done.  Even if the video is not
done, we still have the option to rely on the feature profile, and
if/when the video emerges later, we can reference it from this profile
page and elsewhere.

Paul