Re: Talking points change needed?

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 08:06:50AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> The user management interface redesign is a "tech preview" in F13, as
>> opposed to final.  Unfortunately the Desktop SIG members working on
>> the feature aren't able to comfortably make it a default yet, because
>> there are a few integration pieces left to complete.  It will still be
>> available for installation and use, but not enabled by default, in
>> F13.
>>
>> Should we remove this point from the talking points list for user
>> features?  Doing so would still leave five points in that category.
>
> Hm, also found that the "yum langpack" feature has been moved off for
> now as well.  I sent a note to FESCo asking them to notify the
> Marketing and Docs teams in the future when features are dropped.
> There should be no more feature dropping this cycle, but it would be
> good to hear about it sooner in F14.
>
> Still leaves four points for users, which is well within the 3-5 range
> we originally wanted to include.

Having been away and read back through various email backlogs it seems
Moblin (Meego) has been removed as a feature for F-13 too which I
think was a talking point as well (not sure if it stil is or whether I
was dreaming it). I hope it will still make it as an (un)official
feature but only time will tell what comes from upstream.

Peter