Re: Letter concerning photographs

On 04/08/2010 06:51 AM, Ian Weller wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 07:28:33PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>>
>> Do we have any rules regarding things like needing consent from the
>> photograph subject (if it is a person), regardless of license type?
>> Particularly if they are pictures of minors? (Think students in a
>> classroom, etc.)

Just to be safe, we better keep away from pictures with minors, this is
a huge can of worms.

>> Other than that - this looks dandy to me.  Just want to avoid wading
>> in those murky legal waters if we can. :)  I'm not sure how CC
>> licensing handles these types of things offhand.
>
> CC does not take care of personality rights/consent at all.
>
> For the Fedora Picture Book, we used these:
> https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/2/2c/Picture_book_release_form.pdf
> But somebody needs to check with spot to see if we can reuse this or if
> we need a different one.

In my experience, if we wait for the legalese to get this "proper" then
we miss all the deadlines and accomplish nothing. When we get all the
papers, the enthusiasm around the project would be long gone.

I think a simple approach is to use subjects that have signed the CLA
(people who are known contributors)