What is nmarques doing?

Hi,

I want leave this lines explaining a bit of what I am doing. First as
people are aware I'm working on organizing an event to promote GNU/Linux
and Fedora across students and IT Professionals (who might become
contributors), in fact the main thing about this event to establish a
bond between Fedora and Open Source enthusiasts.

Currently I'm rallying organizations who might contribute to this,
amongst them city halls, IT giants (who are employers of IT
professionals and Linux enablers), higher education students (future IT
engineers) and local students.

The event I'm planning is to hold several conferences (between 8 to 10)
during 2 days and have a small Linux Install Fest/Party for the general
community.

This event is going to provide feedback on the local community and their
probable future involvement in projects such as Fedora, thus, it will
also prepare ourselfs for a possible official PT_PT Fedora community.

On a personal level I'm working on a project to present to the Aveiro
City Hall, the share holder of EMA (Aveiro Municipal Stadium) which is a
Class B Soccer stadium in Portugal (part of the Portuguese Euro 2006
stadium projects). This stadium has a  modern infra-structure, not only
for sports events, but also for corporate usage. 2 modern conference
rooms, lots of free premier space and some of the finest technology
available. My project is based on a way to bring more funding for the
EMA organization, and will be based on a open source plataform for audio
and video deployment infra-structure; to be used at corporate level and
events. This way they can broadcast events and sell publicity without
major investments (considering they are spending around 861 million
€/year), the investment is peanuts and can generate massive revenue and
also promote their corporate spaces through the availability of such
structure to the corporations present.

This is a link that I would like to establish and balance an involvement
of Fedora here as a platform (gnu/linux) enabler and FOSS enabler. Of
course this would be more on the field of a corporation, still, I need
to nurse this politicians has they can enable lots of things in the
future for us at a local level.

 I would like also to get my University involved in this as up to a
point my contributions go from a student of them and they indeed have a
lot to teach/preach that we can learn.

 I don't know if this makes sense, but the theorical stuff should
provide the support needed to create a local Fedora community, which can
be sponsored by the City Hall. If such a community appears, there are
other things that need to be done, else it will disappear shortly after.
So we need to keep events up and keep people being present. For such to
happen having a space we can use is great. We can do local hack fests,
meetings, conferences, etc. If we can accomplish this, eventually go to
schools and give conferences about FOSS/Fedora, we can start nursing
future enthusiasts and such to be fond of us and foment their needs of
being a part of something great like Fedora.

 This is what I am trying to accomplish, maybe a fool's dream, but like
the CEO of Coca Cola says:

 "we only fail when we stop trying".

 nelson

--