F13 feature profiles

Paul and I sat down during the Marketing FAD to figure out which talking
points we'd like to target as feature profiles. Criteria we used (from
the very new and very stubby
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Feature_profiles_SOP):

1. Total amount of engineering effort required to complete the feature
(higher is better - we want to celebrate the work engineers are doing!)
Bonus points for being driven by Fedora people working in upstreams, OR
(if not upstream-drivable - if it's a Fedora-specific thing) run by a
contributor/volunteer (someone who's not paid to do what they did,
whether or not they're a Red Hat employee).

2. How many of the 4 foundations does this hit? (More is better, of course.)

3. Do we want people to use this feature en masse because it would be
helpful to the project, and would they be less likely to find out about
it otherwise?

Now our four selections, on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:F13_in-depth_features#Features... (in
no particular order)

1. Python in Fedora 13 	(part of a marketing campaign to make Fedora
easier for Python developers to use)

2. boot.fedoraproject.org and you (because it's a cool feature that
people should be aware of and use, to get people out of the "just
CDs/DVDs" notion about media)

3. Hardware enablements in Fedora 13 (hitting Freedom, Features, and
First - and Friends by way of how some of these were collaboratively
engineered. Experimental 3D extended to free Nouveau driver, print
driver installation, color management.)

4. btrfs in Fedora 13 (Excellent engineering story - upstream commitment
from Red Hat into this feature, OLPC as our biggest downstream, we can
interview developers and testers all the way up and down the stream.)

Next steps will be discussed at today's meeting (it's on the agenda,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings#Agenda, so we must be
talking about it! ;) and posted to the SOP and then this list. The short
version of "next steps" is "okay, great, now we have to get these written!"

--Mel