Introduction: Colin Zwiebel

Hi, my name is Colin Zwiebel and I live in Needham, MA (near Boston). My Fedora Account System (FAS) username is computercolin, and my IRC nick is computercolin.

I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through Mel Chua, and am interested in joining because I love OSS, would like it to expand with average users, and am interested in seeing how it is being marketed.

I worked last year on OLPC for a period of time, organizing a Jam-style event. Though I've used many Linux variants, and submit bug reports regularly, this is my first time really contributing to a FOSS community.

This is the first Marketing project I have worked on!

My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:

(Marketing Skills) - _Graphics, event organization_
(Other Skills) - _web-application development_
I'd also like to learn strategy and big picturing thinking.
When I'm not working on Fedora, I am playing at F. W. Olin College of Engineering.

A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are
reach more "average" users and
Better inspire hackers and developers to create great OSS software.

I would also like to see
Fedora and OSS in general become a more natural community for young tech-oriented people to join (IE, the Facebook generation)

I am wondering about
the focus of F13 and how this gets set
how projects are organized within Fedora, who designers, developers, leaders interact.

If you have any tips for exploring the community, let me know!

Colin
http://zonion.org