[in the news] Review: 3 top Linux distros go for different users

Computerworld
12.16.09

Review: 3 top Linux distros go for different users
By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols

[clip]

Paul Frields, Red Hat's Fedora Project Leader, described Fedora to me as being "first and foremost for users interested in and capable of contributing to open source." So if you're a Linux power user, you're going to love Fedora. If you're not, this probably isn't the distro for you.

It's not that Fedora is hard to use. While it's not as beginner-friendly as Ubuntu, most Linux users shouldn't have any trouble working with Fedora even if they're not developers.

[clip]

For all of its many excellent features, Fedora isn't the best distribution for new or business users. But if you're a user like me who already lives his computing life on Linux, it's a great choice.

Full post:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9142148/Review_3_top_Linux_distros_go_for_different_users?taxonomyId=18&pageNumber=1