Re: Why would I want Fedora?

On 05/15/2009 08:03 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
I also think the Fedora Project
is stronger in it's development edge/focus, thriving Free Software
innovation by early adoption and being a platform (often? most?) used by
upstream developers, yada yada, blabla, <insert other things here>, then
it is in spreading Linux out there.

Reading this back I may have been a little careless leaving out the fact that in spreading Linux we're not entirely doing a bad job, given the recent amount of exposure generated with the numbers we could honestly come up with ;-) These numbers in fact say we're the greatest in spreading Linux, but the question that comes to my mind is;

Do we, or did we, attract these users / achieve this large install-base because we keep true to our original cause resulting in a product they want to and choose to use, or is it because we market Fedora so well it just so happens to be installed on so many machines (although many users might actually not care that it's Fedora)?

--Jeroen