Re: Fedora 10 for Itanium (IA64) Architecture?

Tosh wrote:
Sutton, Harry (MSE) wrote:
One of our engineers posted a question on an internal mailing list
asking why he was unable to find this release; I can't find it on any of
the mirrors, is this an oversight or an intentional drop of this
architecture?

     /Harry Sutton, RHCA, RHCSS
      HP Open Source and Linux Profession Global Lead

Redhat still supports ia64, but as it is not that prominent an architecture for the free community users, there tends to be less focus on this architecture - eg : Fedora and CentOS

A humble suggestion : maybe if HP would be as kind as to help the community
(1) HP could contribute it's effort of porting to ia64 arch to the open source community directly (2) donating some hardware, as they are the co-inventor/producer of this architecture
It will in my opinion speed up development

Same is true for Alpha :-P

-of