Re: Why I have chosen Fedora

Alejandro Acosta wrote:
I don't think the "sad things about linux" should be taken so seriously, the guy missed a lot of details and recognizes that "I can fix this in some cases although not an expert on Linux."

If someone likes freedom and i-pods then that person is facing the same problems that a person who likes cats and dogs is.

Neverthless, ipods are popular and Fedora probably has reasonably good support for ipods since the upstream developer involved with library support is a Fedora maintainer. It does take some time in between a latest hardware release to actually supporting it. This is the time it takes to reverse engineer and figure out what has changed. It is usually much faster in cases where the vendor is co-operative and provides the specs or even takes part in driver development as even AMD and Atheros does for their 3D chipsets these days.

Linux actually has the broadest hardware support out of the box among any operating system in the market.

http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2008/10/how-linux-supports-more-device.html

Rahul