Re: Amazon.com needs some Fedora Love

Actually, Both OLPC and Fedora opted out of any earnings so the prices have been set based on cost recovery, but the F10 card does help boost sales of the XO during Give One Get One because Fedora adds flexibility to the hardware. So think of boosting 'profit' for OLPC and Fedora in terms of reach. Each XO user is a potential Fedora user and each Fedora user is a potential XO user. Not to mention new folks on both sides of that equation knowing that they'll get an OS their kids will love (Sugar) and one where the layout and function is more familiar (Fedora). The price of the cards at On-Disk.com is $32.02 and $40 at Amazon to account for their commission of 15% and $1.35 per card plus their monthly membership fee. If you want a blank card I can extend the 'testing' price to make sure you get one at cost ($30US) We'll have them in inventory on the 19th as we prepare for duplication once F10 is released. Email off list if you have questions on prices.
~Karlie

Russell Harrison wrote:
Well I need to buy a bigger SD card for testing this anyway.  Assuming
the revenue from these sales makes its way back to the OLPC and / or
Fedora I'd be happy to make the first purchase.  Any of us that do
purchase from here should help it popularity.  Has the price been
determined yet?  It isn't showing in the Amazon page.

Russell