Re: Opening Red Hat Magazine

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

Beyond the obvious trademark mixing issues already brought up. I would
need to have an understanding of how RHM goes about populating content
now.
Is it
(a) RHM editors have to do heavy cultivating of original content by
reaching into the RH corporate communication channels or corporate
water-cooler backchannels to persuade RH employees to write content or
in some way contract people to submit article?

or is it
(b)Submissions come in organicly for editorial review and the editors
essentially pick and mold articles from the que?

If its (a) we'll need to have discussion about how a public, volunteer editorial board would be able to do content cultivation without reaching for RH corporate channels to solicit people for content.

I think we should try to get the current RHM editorial team into a Fedora Marketing meeting to chat about these sorts of topics.

--Max