Re: Rebranded Fedora Inquiry

Markus McLaughlin wrote:

I'm back from my New York Vacation and I was reading up on the latest Linux news. I read this article on Ubuntu Linux at lxer.com <http://lxer.com> concerning a "beefed up" Ubuntu with legal multimedia codecs being sold as a retail product. My questions are if some Programmer wanted to "beef up" Fedora 9 or 10 with legal multimedia codecs (DVD Reader Support, Blu-Ray Reader Support, Windows Media Support, etc,) does that person have a right to sell it in that manner to people online or in a store if that Linux was rebranded and all the Fedora Icons/Themes were changed?

You can do that as long as you:
- don't call it Fedora and don't claim it is provided by the Fedora project;
- don't use the Fedora logos (only logos, the icons/themes are allowed) and trademarks;
- you comply with GPL and provide the source code.