Fedora disconnection?

There has been a heated discussion over several threads in www.fedoraforum.org about how disconnected some users feel from the development team, as well as a general "lack of direction" in Fedora's leadership. The latest of these discussions started about an article (posted a few months back here in the marketing list) about PackageKit and from there it spanned a rather heated discussion about Fedora and a perceived increasing developers<-->users gap.

I know Fedoraforum.org, though recognized as one site for getting help on and discussing about Fedora is by no means an "official" channel (which seems to draw much more users than IRC, for example) and it's been pondered several times in the past in the forums whether the forums should have more recognition from Fedora or not (I know, it's been discussed here in the past, more than once, IIRC), maybe is that time to revisit the issue? (food for thought). As things stand right now it feels like two completely different communities. I don't mean to cause any trouble or disgust anyone here in the marketing list. Is just that as of late these discussions on the forums seem to be increasing in frequency.