Re: Zimbra changes license to address Fedora concerns

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi

This paves the way for Zimbra to be packaged for Fedora. Good to see Yahoo responding to the concerns expressed earlier.

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announcements/19581-license-5-0-7-foss.html

"Just wanted to provide a heads up that, in collaboration with legal counsel for the Fedora Community and Red Hat, we have made a minor tweak to the Yahoo! Public License (YPL), Version 1.0.

Our colleagues in the Fedora community were concerned that the old version of 6.2 did not give licensees enough certainty that they could keep exercising their license, even if they followed its requirements. We thought this change was a reasonable request, and we were very pleased that we were able to respond to the Fedora community in the way they asked. Many thanks to our Fedora friends for their input"

Amazing! Hell yeah!

This is awesome, and as far as I was involved, a direct result from talking to Zimbra on the Red Hat Summit, where we showed them the exact same paragraph.

Thanks to Karsten Wade as well!

-Jeroen