Re: F9 Beta blog for press.redhat.com?

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
<1205424297.3973.3.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <47DE8D5C.8030108@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hey Kerrin :)
Just a couple of comments:

Curious About Fedora 9?
by: Fedora Team

If you’re curious about what might be included in the next version of
Fedora -- Fedora 9 Sulpher, due out in late April 2008 -- today’s Beta
release gives a good glimpse into what’s ahead. The Beta release
signals
the feature freeze for the next release, meaning that all major features
that we plan to include have to either be complete or in a testable
state. It’s aimed at our developers and early adopters, but everyone in
the community is given the opportunity to give feedback to improve our
latest and greatest cycles. Testing of the Fedora 9 Beta release is
really simple because with live media images, you don’t need to install
anything.

Some highlights included in the Beta release:
o GNOME application enhancements including the ability share files via
bluetooth, DVD and DVB support and a new default CD player.
o Firefox 3 Beta 3 Browser

I think it's beta 4 now ? I've updated the Release Notes to say this but
actually I'm not certain!

o Improvements for managing network devices
o A software flash browser plugin

Should probably try and highlight that it's a *free software* flash plugin,
that's enabled by *default*

o Consolidated dictionary support
o Anaconda installer improvements

encrypted partitions might be worth mentioning here explicitly

o Live image improvements
o FreeIPA, to help make managing auditing, identity and policy easier
o Virtualization
For more information on enhancements, see the Beta release notes.
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Beta/ReleaseNotes)

Where does it go from here? Next, we take all of the feedback reported
from the Beta and make enhancements and tweaks in time for the upcoming
development and translation freezes and the planned April 22 Release
Candidate 1. The final Fedora 9 release is scheduled for April 29.

Thanks!

Jon
Jon- Thanks for the input. Does anyone else have any edits? Would be great if we could finalize the content by tomorrow (Wed.) so we have it ready for posting on Thurs. morning ET.

thanks,
Kerri