Re: Best way to announce things?

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
I think we should use news.fp.o extensively and integrate it into the
 front page via a RSS feed. Other major announcements can go to
 fedora-announce list. Things like publican for example. We should
 probably drop mails to journalists directly which we have not been doing
 yet.

I was wondering more about the format they should take rather than
where - though I totally agree with your comments here :)

I'm not sure what other formats we could consider to a press release
tbh, but I just wanted to make sure we were using the best methods at
our disposal...

I don't prefer press release like announcements in community forums. We should be casual, highlight not only the work done but also the people doing the work and let Red Hat do the official press releases. No need to duplicate that effort.

Rahul