Re: More statistics

Jeff Spaleta said the following on 02/07/2008 11:21 PM Pacific Time:

I also personally think people are still turning off yum-updatesd out
of ingrained habit.
yum-updatesd is the closest thing to what mozilla has in terms of a
heartbeat.  Unfortunately yum-updatesd continues to get in the way of
people using their system and they turn it off, ruining the
consistency of our stats.  It's also complicated by the fact that when

Absolutely! Turning off yum-updatesd is part of my rebuild script for new installs for the reason you've stated. I hate it :)

John