Re: Fedora 9 Alpha Release Marketing Plan WAS Re: Fedora 9 Marketing plan?

Mike McGrath wrote:
On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, Kerrin Catallozzi wrote:

Minor things, one of which is we might want to mention "sulphur", our
codename:

Help Shape Fedora 9: Alpha Release Now Available
by Fedora Team

As Fedora (http://www.fedoraproject.org) contributors, one of the most

	just http://fedoraproject.org/

exciting parts of the development process of new Fedora distributions is
determining which cool, new features will be included in the next release.
Fedora 9 is due out at the end of April 2008, and we started making plans for
it as soon as we released Fedora 8 back in November. We've already begun to
implement the changes and features we want included in this release, and with
the Fedora 9 Alpha release today, it's time for the whole community's input.

During each Fedora cycle, there is an Alpha release, a Beta release and a
series of weekly snapshot releases.
(http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-9/f-9-releng-tasks.html)  The
Alpha release gives everyone the opportunity to provide feedback on the work
that has been done so far as the first step in the testing cycle. It's the
first time that the larger Fedora community can get really involved in testing
out the new features and is encouraged to provide input on what's working, and
what's not. It's easy to gain access to the Alpha release because you don't
have to install any software -- everything you need is provided through live
CDs. Then, to give us feedback, you can file bug reports and enhancement
requests and make other recommendations.

If you want to help us test and shape the next release of Fedora, you can find
details about the new features we're exploring, about how to get involved in
the Alpha release and about how to provide feedback and get involved in the
process by visiting our Fedora 9 Alpha release notes.
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Alpha/ReleaseNotes)

We might also want to tell people how to get it at
http://fedoraproject.org/get-prerelease (not up yet but will be shortly).

	-Mike

I'd invite anyone to check out what we've started with Marketing. I know we have a lot of people on the team (here at Red Hat) gearing up for JBoss World, but we will be having another meeting ASAP. I'm just trying to hammer out a few things on my end right now, but that's on top of my normal job...

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Tasks

--
Colby A. Hoke

Corporate Marketing