Re: SIG meeting

Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
Proposing that we meet weekly until Fedora 9 is released, as we have a
bit of catch-up work to do.

When is a good time to meet?

We like using #fedora-meeting, but that limits our times just a bit[1].

Over the next week(s) we can expect to see self-intros from a few of the
Red Hat marketing professionals who are passionate about helping Fedora.
We'll want their input on when to meet, since their participation is
vital to us kicking our marketing to the next level.

First meeting topics:

* What needs to be done and who is doing it?
  - Marketing Plan
  - Let's get a strawman list together before meeting
* Dividing up the work on the Messaging Guide[2]
* How do we want to track tasks?  wiki list v. Trac
* Other?

- Karsten

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/FedoraMeetingChannel
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/MarketingMessagingGuide
To reply to what Karsten said... we had a little meeting here in the corporate marketing department at Red Hat about Fedora marketing. We didn't get very far until it was suggested that we push this all out in the open and have a discussion about everything we need to do to get Fedora 9 out there and, in turn, build a structure that will work in the future. We brainstormed a little and came up with many questions about everything from logistics and money to what does Fedora stand for... I'm sure this will generate just as much response.

This can cover pretty much anything we want it to regarding Fedora marketing. That's up to the discussion. I agreed (and threw myself into the fire) to lead the discussion on IRC and try to organize all the conversations that are happening. You've probably noticed other members of our team joining the list and I know John has introduced himself already.

Anyway, the point is: we want to help. We want to get organized and are committed to having the next launch go off with as much organization and backing as possible. We want this to continue with future launches as well.

So, I propose we have our meeting sometime mid next week - say Wednesday at 2EST? We can have it on #fedora-mktg if that's fine with everyone.

I look forward to hearing from you all and working with everyone to get this moving.

--
Colby A. Hoke

Corporate Marketing
[ Producer ]