Re: Res: Fedora 9

While I agree with Juan Camilo (hola tocallo!) that 'Chupacabra' is indeed a ridiculous name, its one of the many options available.

I hear a lot of complaints about the options, but while most of them are indeed diseases and monsters (and mayonnaise, whats with that?), its still to be determined which name is the actual winner, voted by the majority.

On a side note, I voted for Chupacabra because it was indeed a ridiculous name, but had a hard choice not picking "Dragicorn" instead.

2008/1/21 Juan Camilo Prada < juankprada@xxxxxxxxx>:
being mythical doesnt make them cool, chupacabra is juts a ridiculous
name! almost all spanish speakers may agree with me!!

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 00:40 +0100, David Nielsen wrote:
> man, 21 01 2008 kl. 20:20 -0300, skrev Eduardo Villagrán Morales:
> > El lun, 21-01-2008 a las 11:47 -0600, John Mackay escribió:
> > > -1
> > > Names have allways been relaxed and fun.
> > How Chupacabra is related with Fedora 8 codename?
> > 8 generations of traditions on codenames, this must continue
>
> Both the werewolf and the chupacabra are mythical creatures. The latter
> is probably better known as The Mexican Goatsucker.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chupacabra
>
> - David
> --

Ing. Juan M. Rodriguez Moreno