Re: Improved Ogg Theora coming soon to an Internet near you

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi

http://www.linux.com/feature/123869

"Monty says the Theora converter is "obsolete by 10 years," that he's now writing a "real encoder" for Theora, and that it will "be another couple of months until its mainline release."

So will this be one of the features we will have (and talk about) in F9?

Doubt it. CC'ed anyway.

Personally, I would prefer to stay with a worse codec in exchange with a working editor (like a PiTiVi able to save videos).

No reason it has to be either or thing.

Rahul