Red Hat legal speaks

Hi,

The question on DMCA and iPod's and linking to third party repositories has been answered and we indeed can now do that if we wanted to, with some caveats. Can't use this as a alternative source for codecs in codec buddy in a direct way but getting this clarification does help. Thanks to Spot for running my questions through Red Hat Legal.

http://lwn.net/Articles/257559/rss

"The Fedora advisory board has just been updated on a couple of conclusions reached by the Red Hat legal department. It has been determined that support for current iPod devices can be provided by Fedora - getting around Apple's obfuscation is not seen as a DMCA violation. The rules on linking to encumbered software have also been loosened"

Rahul