Re: The FOSS Project Marketing HowTo: Start At Home

Very interesting, I especially found the lack of contact information poignant. On the front page of our fp.o (which I admit I rarely visit) I saw the Communicate, and the content was more about integrating one's self into a community, and no way to real contact information - esp from a marketing position. I suppose that many would talk to Max or Gregdek, but that assumes a lot of previously held information. I only fear that whatever contact point is listed will be besieged by new users with questions/problems.

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi

Essentially a compared between different distribution websites including Fedora and suggestions on how to improve it to market the distribution better. There is room for improvements here.

http://blue-gnu.biz/content/foss_project_marketing_howto_start_home

Rahul