Re: Fedora: Freedom is a Feature.

M Daniel R Magarzo wrote:
El dom, 07-10-2007 a las 21:36 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen escribió:

Debian has non-free bits floating around in their universe.

And probably your own Fedora system too. I suppose that everything would depend on how we would define the system
"universe" (limits, etc.)

This is serious hand waving. Debian has a non-free repository hosted by Debian. Fedora does not.

Probably what makes to Red Hat (and therefore Fedora) be away from
non-free bytes are not actually principles, but caution against possible
legal issues. As the (Chaucer universal well-known) saying goes..."to
make a virtue of necessity".

No. There are hundreds of very safe legal gratis non-free software. Fedora does ship them out of principles. No second guessing required.

Rahul