Re: Editorial on competition and choice

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070910#feature

"The first step would be for Spevack (and other distribution project managers) to admit that Ubuntu has done something right. The second would be to recognise that popularity isn't "fanboyism." It's all very nice to say in an interview that "our distribution is the best and that people will eventually notice." The uneasy truth is, however, that people aren't choosing Fedora, Mandriva or openSUSE, they are choosing Ubuntu. And while it's great to see so much enthusiasm for a Linux distro, I feel uneasy about the growing dominance of one sole project, no matter how good, user-friendly or innovative it is."

For better or worse:

http://spevack.livejournal.com/26654.html

--Max