Re: First slogan ideas.

Dimitris Glezos wrote:
Στις 29-08-2007, ημέρα Τετ, και ώρα 17:39 -0300, ο/η Davidson Rodrigues
Paulo έγραψε:
2007/8/29, Giacomo Succi <giacomo_succi@xxxxxxxx>:
"The future of the operating systems is here. Fedora. My choice."
"My choice"... I liked. Sounds good. I had an idea:

What do you think about the "current" one? "Infinity. Freedom. Voice."?
We used it here on some websites and on a poster of ours:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/StatisticsPoster

I really like that one but it's more for Fedora as a whole.... I was thinking it would be nice to come up with one specific to Fedora 8. Kind of like for FC6 we had the DNA so the slogan in the www.fpo banner was was 'Fedora: the next evolution in operating systems' and for F7 we have balloons so it's 'Fedora - the operating system that reaches higher'

Something that relates strongly to the artwork theme.

When I first thought about the F8 theme (Infinity) I thought the slogan could be "Fedora: Infinite Boundaries" but I don't know if that's a good one still. While the idea driving the artwork was Infinity, I think it visually speaks more to community:

"I rather like this image, because it reminds me of the old story about the Iroquois Nation I learned in school - the Iroquois Native Americans were a federation of many different tribes of the Northeastern United States. They came together as a united nation, and one of the stories told about the formation of this nation talk about how each tribe was seperately a single arrow, easy to break. But together, they were a bunch of arrows, which is much harder to break. Fedora is made up of a lot of folks from all around the world, and alone each person might not be able to accomplish Fedora, but all together we can built a great OS."

So maybe something along those lines....

~m