Re: rotating banners, first idea

Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
Karsten Wade wrote:
And my first proposed idea, from a Linux Watch quote of Max:

'Spevack concluded, "We'll advertise the most popular spins on Fedora on
the Fedora site. So, if someone created a very small distribution it
might be advertised as Damn Small Fedora Linux." This is a play on the
popular DSL (Damn Small Linux) distribution.'

The first rotated banner promotes either i) that effort (points to a
special 'popular spins' page), or ii) directly promotes one or more
popular spins.

some bylines I thought of for this:

[snip]

- "remix. share. get mad props." (dj with fedora logo, crowd around him cheering him on)

here's this one:

http://linuxgrrl.com/misc/spin-promo_dj.png

This and the previous image looks pretty good but before we promote custom spins more we need to very clear documentation and that is somewhat scattered across places now.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-June/msg00183.html

Rahul