Re: Liberations fonts from Red Hat

chasd wrote:
http://www.press.redhat.com/2007/05/09/liberation-fonts/

Excellent news.
Should Fedora web sites, promotional documents, presentations, and documentations use these fonts ?

These are just meant for compatibility with existent content that uses some of the popular Microsoft fonts. I wouldn't advocate using them anywhere by default.

Is it a guideline that marketing materials only contain / use freely licensed fonts ?

Definitely. If there any choice at all in the matter we should use fonts that have no or minimum restrictions.

If Fedora decides to ship these fonts, it would be nice to have Embedded OpenType and/or TrueDoc font files as part of the RPM package.

Let's see.

Rahul