Re: Mascot - Blue Arrara

Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:

I really do understand many of the detractors of the mascot idea. however there's one little tiny bit that I believe is missing: Fedora being the community project it is, and due to the issue with "parent company" Red Hat which has for all purposes depleted of meaning the word "Fedora" (which originally meant a kind of hat, specifically the "Red Hat" hat, had to find a "new meaning", hence the quest for the Logo. However the Logo is so heavily protected that it is pretty much useless for any "fan art"... and last I heard Fedora wasn't meant for corporations to adopt, nor is it intended for production machines (desktops or servers) despite of its capabilities. Is Fedora capable of being a good corporate desktop machine? Is Fedora capable of being an excellent workstation (for media content creation, development, etc)? Is Fedora capable of being a good and stable server? To all the previous questions the answer is "YES", but "Was it intended to be used as such in a production environment?" To that question, and take however you like, the answer is "NO".

Why?

http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/17/177220

I don't think we need to be judgmental about the role Fedora plays in any end user system.

Rahul