Next Fedora release delayed, new design theme selected

Hi

Although there delays, changes, and challenges, Spevack says it will all come together to produce a great release. "Fedora 7 is ultimately about two things," he says. "The ability for users to make a custom spin of Fedora [and] the core/extras merge, which facilitates the above, and also allows greater community contributions." Spevack says the path to creating customs spins is on target and the important process of the full merge is underway so, soon, Red Hat and the Fedora community will "all be pointing in the same direction on a lot of engineering stuff like packaging, build system, and source control, etc. As long as we're making good progress, I'm happy."

Rahul