Re: Fedora Core 6 reaches the 1 million mark in just 74 days

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
Hi

The leading paragraph in this news item is misleading as the statistics are not about downloads but IP addresses that hit our update system. Our download rates are much higher but we dont have a central way to track them. Exciting times though. I am curious to see what the stats would look like for Fedora 7 with its multiple releases in place.

http://distrocenter.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/01/08/1937206&tid=107

Rahul

Question what happens when you use a local mirror? It doesn't go to the
central repository since I set up my own yum mirror list?

It doesnt. It is all explained in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Statistics.

Rahul