Re: M-L proposal

Francesco Ugolini wrote:

I've a modest proposal that consist in the merge of Fedora Ambassador
and Fedora Marketing mailing lists. The reson of this is that i've see
that many time the discussions are the same and it's seems to me as a
redundant thing.

I think that if we want to work better we have to work togheter, put our
power into something and be sure that is no lost time.

Yes, if we consider it we have to consider to open ambassadors list to
non ambassador people (as marketing is). I think it will be a new step
to improve the project giving all interested people to join the project
and simplify the infrastructure.

With the large number of infrastructure changes associated with Fedora 7, we have recently started discussing the idea of reorganizing the mailing lists. See https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2007-January/msg00104.html. So instead of opening up ambassadors list, I think it might be better to just merge ambassadors list with marketing list here and just discuss everything in this list instead.

The original idea of ambassadors were contact points around events all over the world but that has substantially changed and increased the scope for the better over time. We opened up archives for ambassadors list a while back after my prodding. I think we are ready for a merge back now. Folks who want to be recognised as ambassadors can just follow the usual process. The rest of them marketing folks can continue discussing things here as usual. The advantage of this is that it gives us broader participation and visibility. Let me know what you guys think.

Rahul