Re: Re: [Ambassadors] Name for future Fedora distribition?

On 12/1/06, Leo <sdl.web@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday,  1 Dec 2006, Tejas Dinkar wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Chris Negus sent out 0.6K bytes to say:
>> Great! I was just hoping for Linux in the official name. Separate
>> distribution releases is good too.
>
> Having `Linux` in the Name is a baaaaaaaaaad idea.
>
> It gets the GNU guys on our *** to name it GNU/Linux
>
> Just not happening guys :p

Not just that. If we are legitimate to use GNU/Linux we should use
it to distinguish from some distributions such as Ubuntu, SuSE
etc. that can't even have GNU in their names.

Umm thats ok. GNU/Linux is a horrible combination, longer to say, and
half the word doesn't call it that.

--
Leo

Steve