Re: suse/opensuse contributors For Fedora ?

Maxime Carron wrote:
Some KDE users have left Fedora, because fedora was including a too old
KDE.
The second point is : KDE is 1 block on fedora. Just few big packages.
KDE-base, KDE-network, includes most of the basic applications
(konqueror, kopete, konversation, ...)

KDE makes releases as all-in-one packages. If upstream splits things up, we will split them up, too. See what happened with X.org recently. In fact, I believe we were the first distribution to ship modular X.

If KDE users really want things split up, they should let the KDE developers know about it. Feel free to tell this to whoever complains about it. KDE upstream is making it more difficult for both its users and distributors by not splitting up their packages. Not Fedora.